Bring together government, industry and academic institutions to perform foundational, cross-cutting research for a fundamental understanding of interactions, interdependencies, and common underlying science among social/cognitive, information, and communications networks. Prediction and control of the composite behavior of these complex interacting networks will ultimately enhance effectiveness in network-enabled warfare and counterinsurgency.
Collaborative Alliance Manager:
Dr. John Pellegrino
Consortium Program Director:
Dr. Will Leland
Research Area Technical Objectives
- Interdisciplinary Research Center (IRC) - Research how global network properties or behaviors can be composed from local properties; manage the reporting, financial, and administrative matters of Consortium; manage the NS CTA Facility with a distributed multi-user experimentation environment that can be accessed by all members; transition of research results from the alliance.
- Information Networks Academic Research Center (INARC) - Foundation, methodologies, algorithms, and implementations for effective, scalable, hierarchical, dynamic and resilient information networks.
- Social/Cognitive Networks Academic Research Center (SNARC) - Theory, measures, and understanding of social and cognitive networks as applicable to both individual and organizational decision making in the context of networked information systems and fused, networked knowledge.
- Communications Networks Academic Research Center (CNARC) - Foundational techniques to model, analyze, predict, and control the behavior of secure tactical communication networks as an enabler for information and command-and-control (C2) networks.
- BBN Technologies (IRC)
- Penn State (CNARC)
- University of Illinois-Urbana Champaign (INARC)
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (SNARC)
- University of California (UC)- Riverside (HBCU-MI)
- City University of New York (HBCU-MI)
- University of Delaware
- University of Southern California
- UC- Santa Barbara
- UC- Davis
- UC-Santa Cruz
- Northeastern University