Enable the creation of future highly autonomous unmanned systems and permit those systems to effectively conduct military operations in mixed environments.
Collaborative Alliance Manager:
Dr. Jonathan Bornstein
Mr. Robert Mitchell
Research Area Technical Objectives
- Perception - Perceive and understand dynamic and unknown environments, including creation of a comprehensive model of the surrounding world.
- Intelligence - Autonomously plan and execute military missions; readily adapt to changing environments and scenarios; learn from prior experience; share common understanding with team members.
- Human-Robot Interaction - Seamlessly integrate unmanned systems into military and civilian society.
- Dexterous Manipulation and Unique Mobility - Manipulate objects with near-human dexterity and maneuver through 3-D environments.
- General Dynamics Robotic Systems
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Florida A&M University
- University of Central Florida
- University of Pennsylvania
- Boston Dynamics
- QinetiQ North America
- Cal Tech/Jet Propulsion Lab