Broad Agency Announcements
The Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) is a competitive solicitation procedure used to obtain proposals for basic and applied research and that part of development not related to the development of a specific system or hardware procurement. The BAA is described in FAR 6.102, "Use of Competitive Procedures," and FAR 35.016, "Broad Agency Announcements."
Basic Authority - The Competition in Contracting Act (CICA) of 1984 issued as Public Law 98-369 (98 stat, 1175 et seq.) authorizes use of "general solicitations" or Broad Agency Announcements (BAA's). The use of general solicitations is limited by CICA to "basic research proposals." Contracts awarded under these general solicitations meet the "full and open" competition requirements of CICA.
The type of research solicited under a BAA attempts to increase knowledge in science and/or to advance the state of the art as compared to practical application of knowledge.
Funding Opportunities — Open Broad Agency Announcements (BAA)
|Title of Solicitation||Solicitation Number||Date Posted||Closing Date|
|DOD FY 2015 DEFENSE UNIVERSITY RESEARCH INSTRUMENTATION PROGRAM(DURIP)
|PA-AFOSR-2014-0001||September 2014||Closing Date - 17 November 2014 NLT 4:00pm ET|
|Defense Forensics & Biometrics Agency opens continuously from July 1, 2013 through June 30, 2015.
|W911NF-13-R-0006||July 2013||White papers and full proposals - June 30, 2015|
|ARL Core Broad Agency Announcement for Basic and Applied Scientific Research for Fiscal Years 2012 through 2017
|W911NF-12-R-0011-02||March 2013||31 March 2017|
|ARO Section of the ARL Core Broad Agency Announcement for Basic and Applied Scientific Research for Fiscal Years 2012 through 2017
|W911NF-12-R-0012-02||March 2013||31 March 2017|
Other Funding Opportunities
- Small Business Innovations Research (SBIR) Program
- Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Program
- Scientific Services Program (SSP)
- National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate Fellowship
Research Terms and Conditions
These Research Terms and Conditions apply to FDP & Non-FDP Institutions
- Research Terms and Conditions June 2011
- Research Terms and Conditions Appendix B Subaward Requirements June 2011
- Implementation Document
- Agency Specific Requirements
- Prior Approval Matrix
- National Policy Requirements Matrix-Appendix C
- General Terms and Conditions for Cooperative Agreement Awards to Educational Institutions and other Nonprofit Organizations