ARL employees to be recognized at 2014 Excellence in Federal Career Awards
April 30, 2014
U.S. Army Research Laboratory employees will be recognized during the 2014 Excellence in Federal Career Awards Luncheon and Ceremony, May 2, in Baltimore for excellence in job performance.
The event is being held in conjunction with Public Service Week, which honors and recognizes the accomplishments and outstanding job performance, heroism and volunteerism of Federal employees.
Over 850 Federal officials, employees and military service members, family members and guests from agencies throughout Maryland will attend this prestigious event, hosted by the Chair of the Baltimore Federal Executive Board, Ms. Charlene Ivey, Director, Defense Contract Management Agency and the Vice-Chair, Commander Patrick R. Dozier, U.S. Coast Guard Yard.
Gold, Silver and Bronze awards will be presented to over 300 Maryland federal employees, project teams and military service members in twenty different award categories.
The following twelve ARL nominations were chosen as "Silver/Finalists":
- James J. Gyolai, Category 1c - Outstanding Supervisor - Trades and Crafts
- Dr. Frank Fresconi, Category 2a - Outstanding Professional (Non-Supv) - Technical, Scientific & Program Support
- Rebecca F. Clark, Category 2b - Outstanding Professional (Non-Supv) - Administrative, Management & Support
- J. Timothy Kerr, Jack Koontz and Gregory Watt, Category 3b - Outstanding Para-Professional (Non-Supv) - Technical, Scientific & Program Support (Team)
- Cheryl Skibicki, Category 3c - Outstanding Para-Professional (Non-Supv) - Administrative/Management Analyst, GS-8 & above
- Claudia J. Coleman, Category 4a - Outstanding Administrative/Management Assistant (Individual)
- Terrence Taylor, Category 5 - Outstanding Trades and Crafts (Non-Supv)
- Dr. Sandra K. Young, Category 6 - Workforce Diversity or Equal Employment Opportunity Service
- Lawrence W. Burton, Category 8a - Volunteer Service (Individual)
- Timothy J. Mermagan, Dr. Christopher P.H. Hoppel, James C. Gurganus III and Dr. Richard C. Becker, Category 8b - Volunteer Service (Group)
- Gary Gilde, Category 9 - Distinguished Public Service Career (for civilian retirees only)
- Dr. Brian P. Reen, Category 10b - Rookie Employee of the Year - Technical Scientific and Program Support
The following two ARL nominations won "Bronze" level recognition:
- Dr. Ernest S.C. Chin, Category 1a - Outstanding Supervisor - Grade 13 & above
- James K. Raymond, Category 3a - Outstanding Para-Professional (Non-Supv) - Technical, Scientific & Program Support (Individual)
Gold recipients will not be announced until the ceremony.