- Privacy & Security
Privacy & Security
"WARNING! This computer is the property of the United States Department of Defense and may be accessed only by authorized users. Unauthorized use of this system is strictly prohibited and may be subject to criminal prosecution. The Department may monitor any official or personal activity or communication on this system and retrieve any information stored within this system. By accessing and using this computer, you are consenting to such monitoring and information retrieval for any lawful purpose, including, but not limited to, a properly authorized law enforcement or counter-intelligence investigation; information systems security monitoring; an Inspector General inspection, investigation, or inquiry; or other authorized administrative investigation. Users have no expectation of privacy with respect to any information, either official or personal, transmitted over, or stored within this system, including information stored locally on the hard drive or other media used with this computer to include removable media or hand-held peripherals devices."
- The U.S. Army Research Laboratory's (ARL's) internet site is provided as a public service.
- Information presented on ARL's internet site is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
- For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes. This government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration General Schedule 20.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
- When sending us email, your email address remains confidential and is used only so that we may give you feedback. It will not be given/sold to any other government agency or private corporation.
The ARL Home Page does not use persistent cookies (persistent tokens that pass information back and forth from the client machine to the server). The ARL Home Page may use session cookies (tokens that remain active only until you close your browser) in order to make the site easier to use. ARL DOES NOT keep a database of information obtained from these cookies.
External Links Disclaimer
The appearance of hyperlinks on this page does not constitute endorsement by ARL of linked web sites or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities ARL does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at linked locations. External links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this web site.