Perform enabling research and transition technology that will enable the creation of future intelligent unmanned systems and permit those systems to effectively team with Soldiers and enhance their mission effectiveness in complex militarily relevant environments.
Collaborative Alliance Manager:
Dr. Stuart Young
Mr. Dilip Patel
Research Area Technical Objectives
- Perception - Perceive and understand dynamic and unknown environments, including creation of a comprehensive model of the surrounding world.
- Intelligence - Autonomously plan and execute military missions; readily adapt to changing environments and scenarios; learn from prior experience; share common understanding with team members.
- Human-Robot Interaction - Manipulate objects with near-human dexterity and maneuver through 3-D environments.
- Dexterous Manipulation and Unique Mobility - Manipulate objects with near-human dexterity and maneuver through 3-D environments.
Integrated Research Thrusts
- Optempo Maneuvers in Unstructured Environments
- Human-Robot Execution of Complex Missions
- Mobile Manipulation
- General Dynamics Land Systems - Robotics
- Carnegie Mellon University - The Robotics Institute
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Florida State University
- University of Central Florida
- University of Pennsylvania
- QinetiQ North America
- Cal Tech/Jet Propulsion Lab