Cognition and Neuroergonomics
Conduct research and development leading to the demonstration of fundamental translational principles of the application of neuroscience-based research and theory to complex operational settings.
Collaborative Alliance Manager:
Dr. Kelvin Oie
Research Area Technical Objectives
- Neurocognitive Performance - Generate a preliminary model of brain electroencephalographic (EEG) patterns associated with specific aspects of focal and shifting attention.
- Advanced Computational Approaches - Develop concepts for high density, dry-electrode, wireless EEG data collection systems.
- Neurotechnologies - Develop algorithms to use EEG to monitor and detect cognitive fatigue state under conditions of environmental and task complexities that more resemble a real-world vehicle operator scenario.
- DCS Corp (Industrial Lead, Integration Principal Member)
- TaiWan Brain Research Center
- University of California San Diego
- University of Michigan
- University of Texas San Antonio
- University of Osnabruck