Broad Agency Announcements
The Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) is a competitive solicitation procedure used to obtain proposals for basic and applied research and that part of development not related to the development of a specific system or hardware procurement. The BAA is described in FAR 6.102, "Use of Competitive Procedures," and FAR 35.016, "Broad Agency Announcements."
Basic Authority - The Competition in Contracting Act (CICA) of 1984 issued as Public Law 98-369 (98 stat, 1175 et seq.) authorizes use of "general solicitations" or Broad Agency Announcements (BAA's). The use of general solicitations is limited by CICA to "basic research proposals." Contracts awarded under these general solicitations meet the "full and open" competition requirements of CICA.
The type of research solicited under a BAA attempts to increase knowledge in science and/or to advance the state of the art as compared to practical application of knowledge.
Funding Opportunities — Open Broad Agency Announcements (BAA)
|Title of Solicitation||Solicitation Number||Date Posted||Closing Date|
|Fiscal Year (FY) 2018 Department of Defense Multidisciplinary Research Program of the University Research Initiative
|N00014-17-S-F006||April 2017||White Papers: 17 Jul 2017 (Monday) 11:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Proposals: 01 Nov 2017 (Wednesday) 11:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time
|Fiscal Year 2018 Defense University Research Instrumentation Program (DURIP)
|PA-AFRL-AFOSR-2017-0001||March 2017||Proposals must be received electronically through Grants.gov by Friday, 7 Jul 2017 at 11:59 PM Eastern Daylight time.
Pre-Proposal inquires and questions must be submitted not later than Friday, 16 Jun 2017.
|Quantum Computing Research in New and Emerging Qubits & Cross-Quantum Systems Science & Technology
|W911NF-17-S-0001||March 2017||White Papers: 30 March 2017 4:00 PM Eastern Daylight Savings Time
Proposals: 6 June 2017 4:00 PM Eastern Daylight Savings Time
|Defense Forensic Science Center (DFSC)
|W911NF-17-R-0001||October 2016||15 October 2021|
|ARL Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) for Basic and Applied Scientific Research for Fiscal Years 2017 through 2022
|W911NF-17-S-0003||01 April 2017||31 March 2022|
|ARO Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) for Basic and Applied Scientific Research for Fiscal Years 2017 through 2022
|W911NF-17-S-0002||01 April 2017||31 March 2022|
Other Funding Opportunities
- Small Business Innovations Research (SBIR) Program
- Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Program
- Scientific Services Program (SSP)
- National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate Fellowship
Research Terms and Conditions
These Research Terms and Conditions apply to FDP & Non-FDP Institutions
- Research Terms and Conditions June 2011
- Research Terms and Conditions Appendix B Subaward Requirements June 2011
- Implementation Document
- Agency Specific Requirements
- Prior Approval Matrix
- National Policy Requirements Matrix-Appendix C
- ACC-APG-RTP Division Assistance Research General Terms and Conditions - MAY 2016
- ACC-APG-RTP Division Assistance Research General Terms and Conditions - AUG 2016
- General Terms and Conditions for Cooperative Agreement Awards to Educational Institutions and other Nonprofit Organizations