- Multidisciplinary University Research Initiative (MURI)
- Intellectual Property
- Small Business Opportunities
- Broad Agency Announcements
- Collaborative Alliances
- Partnership Methods and Opportunities
- Small Business
- Scientific Services Program
- Technology Transfer
- University Affiliated Research Centers (UARCs)
The U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command (DEVCOM) Army Research Laboratory announces the Historically Black College and University (HBCU)/Minority-Serving Institution (MI) Partnered Research Initiative (PRI).
This is a basic research (6.1) opportunity open to qualifying HBCUs and MIs interested in participating in highly collaborative research with major DEVCOM ARL collaborative research Programs. Under the ARL HBCU/MI PRI, funding will be provided for HBCU/MIs to participate in highly collaborative research through major ARL collaborative research Programs; the Collaborative Research Alliances (CRAs) and Collaborative Technology Alliances (CTAs).
Eligibility Requirements: This opportunity is only open to HBCU/MIs as provided in 10 U.S.C. § 2362, eligibility for this competition is open only to “covered educational institutions,” which are defined as:
- institutions of higher education eligible for assistance under Title III or V of the Higher Education Act of 1965 (20 U.S.C. 1051 et seq.); or
- accredited post-secondary minority institutions.
Enrollments, accreditation, and other factors may affect an institution’s eligibility in any given year. With the exception of HBCUs and Tribal Colleges and Universities (TCUs), in order to meet the eligibility criterion noted above, an institution must apply to the Department of Education (DoEd) each year for Title III or Title V eligibility.
A copy of the DoEd letter dated January 2016 or later certifying eligibility for Title III or Title V assistance must be included with each whitepaper submitted under this program. If the DoEd eligibility letter is not submitted with the initial whitepaper, the submission will be deemed ineligible and the submission may not be considered.