Educational Partnership Agreement (EPA)
An Educational Partnership Agreement (EPA) establishes an official basis for mutual understanding and cooperation between DEVCOM ARL and the EPA partner to encourage and enhance education and research opportunities in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) programs and disciplines relevant to ARL science and technology programs.
The purpose of the agreement is to establish a partnership model to accomplish the following objectives:
- Encourage and enhance study in the science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) disciplines and to provide laboratory and other technical experiences that support the pursuit of STEM courses, collegiate STEM majors, and STEM-technical careers, relating basic academic skills to realistic contemporary applications for students, faculty, and staff
- Provide technical assistance to the school system, which can enhance teaching experience in STEM fields
- Leverage regional STEM collaborative efforts in support of STEM educational goals benefiting students, government, industry and non-profit organizations. The establishment of strategic partnerships will enable the sharing of information, resources, personnel, and expertise to affect an increased interest in, and propensity towards, STEM education.
- Local educational agency
- Primary (elementary school) and secondary (high school) education
- Colleges and universities
- Any other non-profit institutions that are dedicated to improving science, mathematics, and engineering education. Preference is to be given to primary and secondary schools with mathematics and science education programs to meet the National Education Goals (E.O. 12999).
- Title 10 U.S.C. Section 2194, Educational partnership Act
- Title 10 U.S.C. Section 2192 (Improvement of education in technical fields)
- Title 10 U.S.C. Section 2193 (b) (Support for elementary and secondary education in STEM)
Technical Point of Contact:
Avenue(s) for Collaboration: