DoD Research and Education Program (REP) for Historically Black Colleges and Universities and Minority-Serving Institutions (HBCUs/MIs)
DEVCOM ARL administers the Research and Education Program (REP) for HBCUs/MIs on behalf of the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (OUSD(R&E)). Under this program, qualifying covered institutions submit proposals to compete for basic research and instrumentation grants. Proposals are requested in areas of interest to the participating agencies as reflecting in their Broad Agency Announcements (BAAs), including ARL, the Office of Naval Research, and the Air Force Office of Scientific Research.
The REP aims to:
- Enhance research programs and capabilities in scientific and engineering disciplines critical to the national security functions of DoD
- Enhance the capacity of HBCU/MI to participate in DoD research programs and activities
- Increase the number of graduates, including underrepresented minorities, in fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) important to the defense mission.
Relevant links and documentation
- Fiscal Year 2023 Program announcement document (W911NF-22-S-0010)
- Fiscal Year 2022 Program announcement document (W911NF-21-S-0011) Closed
- Fiscal Year 2020 Program announcement document (W911NF-19-S-0009) Closed
Technical Point of Contact:
Avenue(s) for Collaboration:
6.1 (Basic Research)