Revolutionize AI-enabled systems for autonomous maneuver that can rapidly learn, adapt, reason, and act in multi-domain operations.
• Can we develop resilient autonomous off-road navigation for combat vehicles at operational speed that can autonomously move to a position of advantage against a near peer adversary?
• Can we enable autonomous systems to reason about the environment for scene understanding with the ability to incorporate multiple sources of information and quantify uncertainty?
• Can unmanned vehicles autonomously maneuver on the ground against a near peer adversary as part of an MDO force?
- How do we develop autonomous mobility for combat environments?
• Can we develop resilient autonomous off-road navigation for combat vehicles at operational speed that can independently move to a position of advantage against a near-peer adversary?
• How can we predict what the environmental impact is on the next autonomous agent’s action?
• How can autonomous systems learn in the field without violating operational constraints (e.g., safety)?
• Can we develop scene understanding for robust autonomous behaviors? Can we learn from small data sets that don’t require massive a priori curated data? Can we learn where we should look next to accelerate performance?
• Can we conduct autonomous route and area reconnaissance in support of a manned force to develop enemy situation and make initial contact with enemy forces? Can we build on the lessons learned from the autonomous car industry for the Army?
- How do we enable context-aware decision making for autonomous agents?
• Can we enable autonomous systems to reason about dynamic environments for scene understanding with the ability to incorporate multiple sources of information and quantify uncertainty?
• Given information on environmental factors and enemy resources, how can we predict the enemy’s intentions, plans, and actions?
• Can we improve performance by incorporating higher-level decision making and reasoning?
- How do we integrate autonomous mobility and context-aware decision making to deliver autonomous maneuver designed for MDO environments?
• Can unmanned vehicles autonomously maneuver on the ground against a near-peer adversary as part of an MDO force?
• Can we enable autonomous systems to perform in a predictable manner, to support Human-Agent-Teaming by developing trust in the autonomous systems?
• How do we build the capability to predict and certify autonomous system performance in a target domain/environment when testing and experimentation have been performed in a different domain/environment? How do we differentiate domains?
• How can unmanned vehicles and Soldiers seamlessly maneuver through dynamic environments of varying complexities?