Conduct foundational research that couples Lethality & Protection technologies with Autonomous Behaviors to increase combat vehicle effectiveness for teams of manned and unmanned systems
• Can synergistic effects be realized by coupling Lethality & Protection component technologies with Autonomy to improve combat capabilities?
• How can teamed ground/air combat platforms operate inside an adversarial A2AD environment and deliver Decisive Lethality during Multi-Domain Operations?
• What combat vehicle behaviors can be replicated by AI agents to supplement Soldiers with reduced burden and increased speed?
What synergistic effects can combat vehicles realize by coupling Lethality & Protection component technologies with Autonomy?
- How can ground combat platforms operate inside an adversarial A2/AD environment and deliver MDO effects?
• How can the effects of enemy long-range precision fires be neutralized?
• How do we detect/identify/track/classify an Indirect Fire (IDF) barrage and respond with counters that include team-based protective behaviors?
• What counter-measure technologies are effective against various classes of IDF threats?
• What camo, concealment, and deception (CCD) technologies can be developed/adopted to improve mission success?
• How can we detect and geo-locate enemy RF emitters of interest?
• How do we deliver a weapon consistent with the spatial and temporal constraints that lead to a successful end-game engagement?
• What technologies and enhanced teaming behaviors will dramatically extend standoff distances for kinetic engagements using precision autonomous systems?
- How does a team of ground platforms maneuver and defeat a prepared enemy force of superior numbers?
• How can multi-agent combat platforms and enhanced teaming behaviors dramatically enhance mission success in Close Combat scenarios?
• How can we detect/identify/track/classify/action and defeat Direct Fire threats (rockets, missiles, and bullets) in real-time?
• How can we neutralize Tier 1 armor threats with highly asymmetric lethality options operating in a multi-agent team environment?