Persistent distributed, disaggregated & adaptive electronic warfare (EW) technologies for multi-domain operations
• Adaptive / Cognitive: How can we rapidly characterize complex or unknown emitters? What are the intrinsic characteristics of transceivers that enable EW fingerprinting?
• Distributed / Coordinated: What are the benefits and limitations of distributed, coordinated, and coherent EW?
• Preemptive / Proactive: How can EW & cyber techniques and algorithms introduce uncertainty in adversarial decisionmaking?
Create persistent Distributed, Disaggregated & Adaptive electronic warfare (EW) technologies for multi-domain overmatch through combined cyber and electromagnetic research
• How do we rapidly characterize complex emitters?
• What are the intrinsic characteristics of transceivers that enable fingerprinting?
• How do we evaluate effectiveness of electronic attack?
• What are the hardware and data enablers necessary for machine learning in EW?
• What are the benefits and uses of distributed, coordinated, and coherent EW?
• How do we combine distributed sensing data effectively and efficiently?
• What are the limits of distributed EW effectiveness?
• What level of synchronization is necessary for distributed EW applications?
• How do we detect and defeat “silent” threats?
• How can we counter geolocation methods?
• How do we optimize communication while minimizing detectability to adversaries?
• How can deception techniques and algorithms introduce uncertainty in adversaries?