- The U.S. Army Research Laboratory’s (ARL’s) internet site is provided as a public service.
- Information presented on ARL’s internet site is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
- For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes. This government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration General Schedule 20.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
- When sending us email, your email address remains confidential and is used only so that we may give you feedback. It will not be given/sold to any other government agency or private corporation.
External Links Disclaimer
The appearance of hyperlinks on this page does not constitute endorsement by CCDC ARL of linked web sites or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities CCDC ARL does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at linked locations. External links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this web site.
Information You Give Us
If you choose to provide us with personal information – like filling out a Contact Us form with e-mail and/or postal addresses – we only use that information to respond to your message or request. We will only share the information you give us with another government agency if your inquiry relates to that agency, or as otherwise required by law. We never create individual profiles or give it to any private organizations. CCDC ARL never collects information for commercial marketing. While you must provide an e-mail address or postal address for a response other than those generated automatically in response to questions or comments that you may submit, we recommend that you NOT include any other personal information, especially Social Security numbers. The Social Security Administration offers additional guidance on sharing your Social Security number.
When you visit a page on arl.army.mil, the internet browser on your computer may download a small file (commonly called a “cookie”) so that our website can recognize your computer when you use this website in the future. Cookies are enabled on web browsers by default to optimize website functionality and customize user experience, but users can choose not to accept the use of these cookies by changing the settings on their local computer’s web browser. The USA.gov website provides general instructions on how to opt out of cookies and other commonly used web measurement and customization technologies. Opting out of cookies still permits users to access comparable information and services; however, it may take longer to navigate or interact with the website if a user is required to fill out certain information repeatedly.
Some pages on arl.army.mil may include web content or functionality from third-parties, such as embedded videos or podcasts hosted by non-CCDC ARL services. For examples, as of 18 November 2019, content or functionality from the following third parties may be present on some arl.army.mil pages: youtube.com, podbean.com, google.com, wufoo.com. These third parties may use web measurement and customization technologies (such as cookies) in conjunction with the provision of this content or functionality.
Multi-session or Persistent Cookies