Research Fellowships enhance discovery and innovation through diverse academic perspectives and experiences. They aim to foster unique professional development opportunities for fellows and mentors and introduce talented researchers to the evolving ARL research mission.
Interested researchers may participate through the following established cooperative agreements:
- National Research Council (NRC)
- Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU)
- Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE)
Types of Fellows:
- Journeyman Fellows
- ARL Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellows
- Attractive Stipend, Health Insurance, Professional Development/Travel Allowance
- Potential entry into the ARL workforce
- Strengthen the reputation of ARL as a premier postdoctoral research institution
- First DoD laboratory with a Postdoctoral Association
- Enhances ARL postdoctoral experience
- Provides transitional support
- Promotes professional and social interactions
- Enhances interactions with ARL leadership.