The Sensors and Electron Devices Directorate (SEDD) serves as the principal Army organization for executing foundational (6.1 and 6.2) research in sensors, electronic warfare (EW), Quantum information sciences, position navigation and timing (PNT), Systems Biology, and Energy & Power.
SEDD facilitates, demonstrates, and transitions up to Technology Readiness Level (TRL 4) research and technology development within ARL, DEVCOM, and the Army, with other services and agencies, and with industry and academia, to leverage basic and applied research opportunities for the benefit of the Army.
Major Research Hubs
- DEVCOM ARL ALC (Adelphi, MD)
- DEVCOM ARL APG (Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD)
- DEVCOM ARL South (Austin, TX)
- DEVCOM ARL North East (Boston, MA)
- DEVCOM ARL West (Playa Vista, CA)
- DEVCOM ARL Central (Chicago, IL)