Emerging Overmatch Technologies (EOT)
- Conduct foundational research that couples protection technologies with autonomous behaviors to increase combat vehicle effectiveness for teams of manned and unmanned systems.
- Answer the question “can synergistic effects be realized by coupling protection component technologies with autonomy to improve combat capabilities?”
- Answer the question “what combat vehicle behaviors can be replicated by autonomous agents to increase the speed of decision-making and action, and thus enhance survivability?
- Reveal enhanced combat capabilities from the insertion of autonomy to increase protection of combat vehicles
- Employ force-on-force modeling and simulation tools to quantify capability gains
- Inform both GVSC 6.3 efforts and NGCV CFT plans