Health and Wellness
Access information on the U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command Army Research Laboratory’s health benefits, including medical, dental, and vision, flexible savings accounts and wellness programs.
- Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB)
- As a permanent or term employee, you may elect health insurance coverage without a medical examination or restriction because of age, current health or preexisting conditions. You have 60 days from the date of your appointment to enroll. Once you elect your health insurance coverage plan, it will be effective at the beginning of the next pay period. You will not have coverage until you make the election; therefore, it is important you make your decision as soon as possible.
- Federal Employees Dental and Vision Program (FEDVIP)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSAFeds)
- Fitness and Wellness Programs
Learn about family, child, and elder care resources, workplace flexibilities, and on-site conveniences.
- Childcare Assistance
- Need help finding and/or paying for child care? Army military and civilian employees who do not have access to an on-site child care provider may be eligible to participate in the Child Care Aware of America program.
- Elder Care
Time Out of Office
Get details about telework, paid and unpaid leave policies, and the leave donation program.
Retirement and Savings
Learn about the retirement savings plan offered to ARL employees.
Insurance and Protection
Find out about ARL’s life insurance plans, long term care insurance, and workers’ compensation.
- Federal Employees Group Life Insurance (FEGLI)
- Federal Long Term Care (LTC) Insurance
- Federal Employees Compensation Act
- Death Benefits
Benefits Enrollment and Changes
Get information on when and how to make changes to your benefits including updating beneficiaries and personal information.
Are you experiencing a life change such as marriage, a new baby, or retirement? You and your family may experience many changes during your lives that could trigger a change in your benefits. Common events may occur during or after your Federal career. Employee actions may need to be taken for insurance and savings programs, including health care benefits, dental and vision, health savings account, long term care, and life insurance. More information can be found on OPM’s Life Events page.
Coverage for Your Dependents
ARL offers programs and flexibilities to best support employees who face both workplace responsibilities and the demands of caring for a loved one. Support for dependent needs, whether that be an adult dependent, a child or an elder, is available to ARL employees. Resources include help finding quality childcare and navigating the path of caring for aging parents or relatives with special needs. ARL employees are eligible for dependent care savings accounts used to pay for childcare or adult dependent care expenses that are necessary to allow you and your spouse, if married, to work, look for work or attend school full-time. College grants and scholarships to federal employees and their families are also available.